Why does God want you to excel in the grace of giving? It's because he influences the world through his people. God gives to you so he can give through you. The Bible tells us that everything we have is a gift from God (1 Chronicles 29:14). As you give both faithfully and faith-fully, the world is changed for the glory of God: the gospel is preached, lives are touched, people are fed, bodies are healed, churches are built; and you, in turn, are blessed by God so that you can give again.
• Scriptural, ordered, approved of God in the Old & New Testaments.
• Teaches the true worshippers of the Lord Jesus Christ to put God and His work first.
• Teaches us to recognize and acknowledge God's ownership of our lives.
• is an act of worship.
• gives us more confidence in our prayers to God.
• invokes God's blessings upon the tithe-giver.
• tends to increase the tithe-giver's ability to give more than just a tenth of his or her income.
• allows tithe-givers an opportunity to receive from God His blessings as they give Him their tithes.
• creates a commanding position of stewardship in the lives of Christians.
• increases the tithe-giver's influence over others to follow his example to practice tithing.
• is giving in a systematic manner rather than an emotional or spasmodic giving.
• causes the tithe-giver to give freely and spontaneously rather than waiting for an appeal.