ST. PAUL’S BAPTIST CHURCH CORONAVIRUS SCREENING PROTOCOL
There will be three locations for screenings outside the church building.
- Rear parking lot, front parking lot, and the side of the elevator room entrance
- There will be 2 Screeners at each screening station.
- Screening stations will be 9 feet away from congregants awaiting to be screened to adhere to HIPPA (Health Insurance Privacy and Portability Act) guidelines.
- Social distancing of 6 feet between congregants will be maintained.
- All Screeners will wear PPE.
- PPE includes a gown, gloves, mask and face shield that fully covers the front and sides of the face.
- Non-contact thermometers will be used for temperature checks
- After completing the screenings, screeners will remove gloves, mask, face shields and gowns, wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol. Used PPE materials will be placed in receptacle located at the screening site.
All Congregants will be screened by trained Screeners before entering the Sanctuary
Screenings includes (temperature check and symptom screening).
- Congregants will be handed a form with symptom screening questions to be answered while waiting for temperature check. If a congregant answers “YES” to any of the questions, they will NOT have their temperature taken and will not BE ALLOWED to enter the church and asked to contact their physician. If congregant passes symptom screen, their temperature will be taken.
- Temperatures will be taken with non-contact thermometers by a screener. Congregant’s temperature must be less than 100.4F(38.0C) to enter the Sanctuary.
- If congregant meets criteria for symptom screening and temperature, the congregant will be given a card indicating that they may enter the church building.
- If congregant does not meet criteria for symptom screening and temperature, the congregant will not enter the sanctuary and will be asked to contact their Physician.